Precision Consulting provides expert editing services to doctoral and master’s degree candidates needing a high-quality dissertation editor. In each case we work on a 1-to-1 personal basis with every one of our clients.
We provide highly customized editing services that take into account what you’ve done so far for your document, and price our work based only on what we do for you. Our team of dissertation editors is experienced with editing everything from coursework submissions to Concept Papers, Prospectuses, Proposals, and final Dissertations.
For academic researchers seeking Journal publication, we verify each and every requirement from the selected Journals. This review usually includes reading successful submissions from each Journal to validate writing style choices.
The aspects of our work that separate us from our competition can be summarized in the below bullets. We are confident that after reviewing our site, and the samples of our work, you will undoubtedly select Precision Consulting for your dissertation editing needs. The key factors that separate us from our competition are as follows:
- Guaranteed Fast Approval. We guarantee approval of our edits by your reviewer or institution, almost always on the first submission. Of course, in the rare case of any revision requests, we work on any requested revisions immediately and without extra cost.
- Security. We are the Industry Leader for a reason. We’ve been in the editing services business for nearly a decade, have thousands of satisfied clients, are a member of the Inc 500 (one of the 500 fastest growing companies in the country), and have top positioning for most editing terms throughout Google. Your precious work, money, and time are safe with us.
- The Fastest Turnaround Times. We can typically return your completed edit within just a few business days of beginning work, saving you thousands in course fees. We can also work on expedited timelines and have your edit done in as little as 1-2 business days.
- Expertise in APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and Harvard Styles. Unlike other firms who use outsourced contractors (often international) for most of their edits, all of our dissertation editors work solely for Precision and have PhDs from elite American Universities. Many of our edits are worked on personally by the Head of our Dissertation Editing Department, Dr. Peter Rosenbaum (MIT PhD). We work with our clients throughout the entire dissertation editing process, editing for grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation; as well as reviewing your references, citations, formatting, and presentation. We are not just an APA editor, and also offer dissertation or thesis editing in a variety of other academic styles such as MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and Harvard.
- Personalized Attention. You will work with one project manager who will be constantly available to you via phone or email during and after your time working with us. We’re easy to reach, always happy to speak to you, and don’t disappear when the work is done (in case you need us for revisions or after-support).
- Reasonable Cost. Since our work is customized for each of our clients, our rates depend on the scope of work that would be required to perfectly edit your particular document. Among professional dissertation editing services with our experience level, our prices tend toward the average of the industry. Our work product and experience are at the utmost of the industry.
- Online Experience with NCU, Walden, Capella, University of Phoenix, Nova, Argosy, and Grand Canyon University. We are well versed in online university formats (NCU, Walden, Capella, University of Phoenix, Nova, Argosy, & Grand Canyon University), and have worked with thousands of dissertation candidates and faculty at these schools.
- We are a Full-Service Dissertation Consulting Firm. As such, we can also assist with content-related issues brought up by your committee, or can assist with your Qualitative Analysis consulting using NVivo and Quantitative Analysis consulting using SPSS. You can read more about how we use these programs by clicking on our NVivo Guide and our SPSS Guide.
An Example of How We Work
Not Just APA Editing
Precision Consulting dissertation editors are experts in APA editing as well as several other popular academic styles, including MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Turabian formatting requirements. We pride ourselves on being able to work with any style and within any University´s guidelines. On the rare occasion where we have not worked with a specific school’s dissertation editing guidelines, our editors take time to learn how to expertly execute the customized editing required before beginning to edit your work.
Expertise in Online University Formatting
We are also aware of the special challenges that students at online Universities face. If you are an online University student, your paper will have to be approved not only by your professors but also by the format reviewers. Because each online university´s format differs slightly from standard APA editing, it is crucial to find a dissertation editor who knows not only the base APA editing style, but also each school´s special rules.
- Northcentral University
- Concept paper and annotated bibliography editing
- Coursework and comprehensive exam editing
- Prospectus editing
- Checking for adherence to Rubric items
- Capella University
- SMR and Research Plan form editing
- IRB form editing
- University of Phoenix
- BOLD Template
- URR Checklist
- Customization based on your degree
- Expertise with the notoriously difficult Fischler school
- Argosy University
- Additional buffer pages
- Customized pagination
- Grand Canyon University
- Customized APA formatting
- Adherence to the main template
Our Dissertation Editing Process
Precision Consulting has a team of experienced dissertation editors who come to us from top universities such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, McGill, Cambridge, and Oxford (for our international clients) who are experts at preparing documents for submission and publication. Our team reviews formatting, writing and grammar, and reference and citation aspects of our clients’ work.
- APA numbered lists
- Appendix formatting
- Automatic lists of tables and figures
- Automatic table of contents
- Body formatting
- Creating proper headers and footers
- Figure and table captions
- Front matter set-up
- Organizing block quotes
- Organizing headings
- Preparing approval sheets
- Proper spacing
- Removing bullets and bolding
- Table formatting
- Comma use
- Consistency of style
- Effect vs. affect
- First-person elimination
- Identifying overly-subjective tone
- Passive voice
- Removing relative time reference
- Scholarly precision and tone
- Series commas
- Subject-verb agreement
- We identify missing references
- We verify the formatting of references or footnotes
- We use APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, or Turabian editing standards and verify each reference or footnote one-by-one.
- For APA references, we check general formatting including italics usage, punctuation, capitalization, and page numbering.
- For APA references, we also validate DOI/Source information.
- For MLA references, we check italics and punctuation usage and verify publisher formatting.
- For Chicago style footnotes and references, we check font size and style along with italics and parentheses usage.
- For Harvard style references, we check punctuation and italics along with capitalization and ampersand usage.
- For Turabian footnotes and references, we check capitalization, punctuation, font size, inter-footnote and reference spacing, publisher location, and italics and parentheses usage.
- For all in-text citations, we check the alphabetical ordering of references, capitalization, punctuation, and page numbering for quotations.
- Bibliography construction from scratch given a written document
- We organize citations in bibliographic systems like EndNote and RefWorks.
Unlike other dissertation editing services, we go far beyond polishing writing, and offer comments on a paper´s construction, organization, and study methodology. We are able to offer much faster turnaround than other editing services – often as little as 3 to 4 days for a full dissertation.
One of the most common aspects that we see is the updating of older references used in the body of the work. Many of our clients are part-time students or work on their dissertations for over a year. Either way, with the implementation of a general rule about only using 4-5 year old references, those time lags can result in the presence of older references.
As a result, not only will we ensure proper reference and citation formatting, we will check every reference to ensure it meets your school’s specific age requirements. We have access to the Columbia and NYU libraries (both physical and online), which allows us to help our clients with their studies, giving us full-text access to hundreds of major journals and databases, including JSTOR, EbscoHost, Questia, ProQuest, ScienceDirect, Blackwell Synergy, and many others. This access allows us to help you fill in the gaps if your references are missing information such as a place of publication or volume number.
Samples of Our Work
These files require Adobe® Reader® software. Adobe® and Reader® are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Please click here to read our Academic Integrity Policy and click here to read our Data Security Policy.
University of Phoenix Dissertation Editing & Proofreading Services
Your dissertation will be approved. We guarantee it.*
Get an instant quote
Over 50% of doctoral students fail to complete a dissertation (Sowell, 2008).
*Your University of Phoenix dissertation editing, proofreading, and formatting will be approved by both your committee and school.
If not, we'll refund the full amount paid, no questions asked. We're proud to say, in 19 years, we have never had to pay a refund!
The vast majority of dissertations and theses fail to conform fully to the required citation style. This is one of the main reasons for rewrite after rewrite, leading to lost time, considerable cost, delays in the job search, or even failing to graduate. We are here to manage that process and to help secure committee approval for you.
You never pay additional charges. Even if you require re-editing, proofreading, or formatting from us (e.g., changes required by a second reader or changes after the dissertation defense).
Read online reviews
University of Phoenix Dissertation Editing Experts
The content analysts from our dissertation services are all teaching and research professionals who have over a decade of experience with doctoral students. Each has earned his or her own doctorate and inherently understands the process of becoming a PhD. Be assured, we are familiar with a variety of subject areas in your discipline. Our specialists are top academics with the evaluative aptitude, critical knowledge, analytical proficiency, and citation style expertise to get you through the process.
We understand that schools differ in their dissertation criteria. That’s why we make sure to accommodate individual needs. We work with all of the major citation style formats and can handle any deviations required by your school. We can also assist you in formatting the front matter (e.g., title page, signature page, table of contents) and back matter (e.g., appendices, vitae) to meet the requirements of your university, school, or department.
Although dissertation criteria change from institution to institution, our dissertation editors and correctors are specialists in concepts that never change—critical thinking and superior research design and development. We’re here to help you assess each section of your manuscipt resulting in a well-crafted dissertation that is ready for proposal and final PhD defense.
University of Phoenix Dissertation Service FAQ
Doctoral dissertation proofreading and editing
Grammar, typographical errors, misspellings, punctuation, clarity, comma splices, sentence fragments, run-on sentences, subject-verb disagreement, and verb tense, flow, transition, phrasing ambiguities, audience appropriateness, organization, structure, theme, rhetorical consistency, levels of diction, lexical register, rhythm, and colloquialisms.
Doctoral dissertation formatting
Specific to your school and citation style.
Our editors ensure that your doctoral dissertation editing complies with your style requirements. Specify whether you are using APA, MLA, Chicago, CSE, either of the Canadian styles, Harvard, Turabian, International English, ASA, Australian, Vancouver, Oxford Style, or another citation style of your choosing.
We currently take PayPal, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Debit, Maestro, Switch/Solo, bankcards, and SquareUp. The method of payment is a secure system with industry standard 128-bit encryption. This is the premier form of encryption available for Internet transactions and is the same level of security used in cash machines (ATMs) and most retail stores. Please note: An account is not required to process your credit card and our staff never see your personal data.
We are very familiar with the dissertation style guide, the template, and the citation styles for University of Phoenix.
Dissertation Editing and Proofreading Service
What's involved in proofreading
We examine dissertations to remove errors in spelling, agreement, and punctuation. Mistakes in grammar can come across as errors in logic since they certainly confuse the reader, making it appear that the premises of a dissertation are disconnected or flawed. Dissertation proofreading focuses on catching the errors such as sentence fragments, subject-verb agreement, pronoun referents, run-ons, ineffective or inappropriate verb forms, and other grammatical errors, especially the ones Microsoft Word's spelling and grammar check routinely ignores.
Personal service from your writing editor
When using our professional dissertation services, your project is always corrected by academic editors with a decade or more of experience working with students and with knowledge of writing and publishing academic journal articles and other projects. Your insight and opinions are integral to the success of your project. Please include all of your instructions and concerns when submitting your project.
Meeting the needs of doctoral students
Our dissertation editing service is for doctoral students who need added organization, clarity, and style to their writing or who need their language raised to academic standards. Additionally, it is a perfect service for those students who may be non-native speakers who need help that goes beyond just proofreading. Dissertation editing at this point in the process greatly assists your advisor and committee by presenting your research in a more organized, highly readable style. Something many students do not think about, dissertation editing also greatly facilitates the shift from your dissertation defense to the launch of your career.
Whether you are completely self-assured about your writing, or hesitant in your ability to share your thoughts, you can benefit from editing. Our dissertation editing service will correct your document's, flow, continuity, and word choice as well as making sure you are properly supporting your thoughts and positions. In addition, we make sure that the meaning in your writing is clear and easy for readers to understand. We want you to be successful and we do our best to make sure your writing represents your ideas in your dissertation in the best way possible.
Professional dissertation editors save time
By making sure that all of our writing editors have more than a decade of experience writing and editing, we get your project done quickly and efficiently. Our dissertation editors are all published authors with advanced degrees and experience in a variety of scientific areas who are committed to helping you. Remember, beyond just proofreading and editing, we are here to answer your questions and give you suggestions.
Why we edit
Some find it difficult to control being too verbose. Some are not quite sure what to include and what to leave out. Often, writers are so engaged in their own project that they fill pages with a great deal of information but fail to properly organize their project or express themselves with the best word choice. We specialize in beautifying language, and transforming drafts into the dissertation you want.
What's included in Dissertation Editing
Our dissertation editing service focuses on these components in the editing process:
- advice and counsel:
We take scrupulous care of your dissertation. To accomplish this, as we work on your dissertation, you will have continual access to your writing editor. We believe communication is an indispensable component of a superior editing service.
- overall structural consistency:
If needed, in this phase of editing, we craft paragraph development phrases. These strengthen the relationship between ideas, helping to ensure that your argument provides clear support for your conclusions.
- voice and style:
Once your dissertation or thesis is structurally complete, we work to enhance your distinctive voice and style, removing ambiguous or inappropriate words and phrases and replacing them with ones that are specific and apposite. This makes your writing more professional and more consistent.
Dissertation Formatting Service
We have a dissertation formatting service in addition to dissertation editing and proofreading. We prepare your doctoral thesis according to the latest version of your style guide. We can also accommodate your university-specific guidelines. Combined with proofreading and editing, after our formatting service, you have a fully paginated version of your dissertation with preliminary pages, headings, citations, and references in proper form and arrangement. Additionally, a citation to reference verification is made that notes when citations are not in the reference section and references are not in the body of the dissertation as in-text citations.
For a no-obligation cost estimate and more information about ordering dissertation editing, proofreading, and formatting, please feel free to interact with us through our contact page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Trust us with all of your dissertation editing, proofreading, and formatting needs. We can solve your dissertation problems timely and effectively while giving guidance about whether your arguments are flowing correctly or where extra references or explanations are required. We can edit academic writing of any kind from a journal article to a thesis or dissertation of several hundred pages and work to ensure that your requirements are met including the most troublesome aspects of formatting (e.g., tables, pagination, and working to make your references consistent and correct).
Try before you buy!
Send us a chapter or more of your work and ask for a FREE dissertation editing sample. we'll choose a section to proofread, edit, and format, then return it to you within 48 hours. Let our professionals ensure that the meaning of your words comes through, not your mistakes.
I am glad I turned to you. I truly respect you as an editor. You so promptly responded to format revisions required by the UOP per their extremely strict guidelines and variances from APA rules. My dissertation editing was handled in an excellent manner, professional, competent and thorough. Very respectfully,
It was a very stressful time for me. I really hesitated to use a dissertation editor at first. Today, I now know for sure that there are honorable people with integrity online. You paid really close attention to the little details. You made me feel assured about my doctoral program writing. I am eternally grateful for the dedication and excellence. The customer service was solid.
I used WordSharp after I submitted my proposal to my dissertation committee. It was approved pending a major job of fixing typographical and grammatical errors as well as UOP formatting issues. I am just so pleased with the work of your team. Let this email serve as a testimonial about the outstanding service you render at a fair price. The kindness of you and your people have augmented my confidence in my study. What a professional editing job.
Your dissertation editing service is outstanding. I am pleased to recommend the WordSharp team to anyone interested in editing his dissertation. I used WordSharp for the last edit before turning in my dissertation to the chair of my committee. The outcome was well worth it. While I didn’t tell them I was in a rush, they returned my dissertation to me in just a few days. May God bless you.
I am very pleased with the services of WordSharp.net. My dissertation has over 350 references and is nearly 300 pages long. The proofreading services I received from you were tremendous. You guys exceeded my expectations.
The services impressed me very much. My dissertation proposal came back much better than when I sent it. I was so worried about this process. I asked for you to be brutally honest. Your personal attention to detail you put into my dissertation were above and beyond anything I could have hoped for.
You gave me first class attention and went far beyond the call of duty to make my dissertation suitable. Students can afford you. Your skills are superb. I’ve found the editing services undeniably irreplaceable. I need to finish data analysis, then I’ll send it back for that chapter. You were available to answer all of my questions.
I researched a lot of editing services before choosing WordSharp. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of your service. You saved me time by avoiding multiple revisions and submissions to my dissertation chair. Turnaround was fast and efficient.
I used the same service again for chapters 4-5 of my dissertation. The editors recommend corrections and explained their rationale in a lot of cases. They truly serve the needs of others.
My dissertation was fully edited in a weeks’ time. A job very well done. I will definitely continue to work with you. I can’t wait for you to polish it up! Your response was fast. The whole experience was well worth it. Your service is phenomenal. You are a godsend.
I asked for your services at the last minute. You worked with me closely. I was very impressed with the editor's work. Your response time and service are astonishing. The suggestions were spot on. My dissertation was approved in August! WordSharp renewed my faith in the goodness of humanity. ;)
Writing my dissertation was a monster challenge for me. Their work was efficient and professional. All my questions and concerns were addressed directly. My editor did a first-rate job of indicating where it could be enhanced. Their response time was fast. They were really my savior. I will use them for all my future proofreading work.