The benefits of physical fitness are numerous and include better health, greater strength, more flexibility, increased energy, improved appearance, and a more positive attitude and mood. Regular exercise can lead to both immediate and long-term benefits. Regular physical activity has been shown to reduce the morbidity and mortality from many chronic diseases. The benefits of fitness far outweigh the inconveniences of regular exercise. To reap the maximum benefits of physical fitness, remember that your program should include all the main five components of physical fitness.
These are the health related fitness components like cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, muscular endurance and muscle strength. There are in fact other components of physical fitness but they are skill related and less important. Physical fitness is considered a measure of the body’s ability to function efficiently and effectively in work and leisure activities, to be healthy, to resist hypo kinetic diseases, and to meet emergency situations. Physical fitness is generally achieved through • physical activity and exercise, • correct nutrition, • enough rest (good quality sleep), • Stress management and relaxation.
The benefit of the physical fitness is endless. Explore some of the benefits of fitness leading to healthy lifestyle and learn how you will get benefited from them:
1: Reduces risk of disease People who participate in regular exercise have a decreased risk of developing:
- heart disease
- metabolic syndrome
- colon cancer
- lung cancer
- breast cancer
2. Development of physical fitness components Development of physical fitness components such as muscle strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, agility, speed, bone density etc and improvement of muscle tone.
3. Provide better health Regular physical exercise increases both the size and strength of the heart. It can pump more blood with less effort and becomes more efficient. This will lower pulse and lower the blood pressure which can increase lifespan. The circulatory system is also improved because of increased blood volume providing more oxygen to the muscles. These effects will translate into a reduced risk for heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. Significant cardiovascular health benefits can be attained with long-term participation in cardiovascular exercise.
4. Lower your Cholesterol levels. The benefits of physical fitness extend to their ability to help you control your cholesterol. They raise your levels of ‘good’ cholesterol and drop your levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol.
5. Builds stronger Bones, Joints and Ligaments Physical activity results in the strengthening of our bones and muscles. It can substantially reduce the risk or arthritis and other bone diseases. Weight bearing exercise is shown to increase bone density and also prevent bone loss as we get older. This can reduce the onset and severity of osteoporosis. Resistance training does a great job. The strain that it puts on your body helps build bigger, stronger bones. Different kinds of strength training put strain on your joints. This actually helps your body strengthen connective tissue in those joints. These tissues become stronger, more flexible and less prone to injury. Increased blood supply means better nutrition for the tissues and better removal of waste products which helps improve the health and durability.
6. Maintenance of Optimal Body Weight Physical activity increases the muscle mass, reduces fat and thus controls weight. It is proven that physical fitness can control your body weight and prevent obesity and other weight-related problems. By combining the right physical workouts with a proper and balanced diet, you can expect weight loss, reduced body fat and a more firm and fit body. Aerobic exercise burns calories during the duration of the exercise and strength training burns calories in the 24 hour period following the training.
7. Improves your sleeping habits One of the benefits of physical fitness is that it provides you sound sleep and improves your sleeping habits. Studies show that people who exercise regularly and are physically fit – fall asleep more easily and sleep longer than those who do not exercise and are physically unfit. Because of cooling off after exercise, your body temperature drops leading to deeper sleep.
8. Boost in energy level Exercise improves the blood flow in the body and promotes better sleep, both of which boost energy. A regular exercise program, especially in the mornings, will give you energy and drive for the rest of the day. This effect is related to the increased metabolism associated with a fitter body.
9. Improved Appearance Physical activity build muscle mass and burns excess fat. It tones body muscles helping you to look fit and healthy. Healthy active people almost always have great skin tone and look fresh, less fatigued.
10. Relaxation and Stress relief There are so many stress factors in our day to day life. Because of lifestyle changes, change in the environment, people live under extreme stress in this competitive world. Regular physical activity, fitness workouts releases the hormones which have “feel good factor. ”It helps in reducing your stress levels and gives you more strength to fight life’s challenges.
11. Fights Depression Effects of physical activity and exercise on mood are immediate. Blood flow to the brain is increased, endorphins are released and your mood lifts. These endorphins make you feel better and fight stress and depression.
12. Causes Delayed Aging Among the several benefits of physical fitness, delayed aging leading to positive thinking and improved self perception is the most sought after. Regular physical activity reverses the natural decline in the metabolism of the body. Daily exercise is found to keep a person productive and energetic for a longer period of the day. Regular physical activity postpones the process of aging and increases the longevity of life.
13. Makes you feel happier Physical activity has important role in keeping your body fit. Exercise causes your body to release endorphins which has a “feel good factor”. Because of these endorphins you feel happier.
14. Postpones fatigue The benefits of physical fitness include the postponement of fatigue and reduced recovery time after vigorous activity.
15. Boost your Confidence Physical fitness provides correct posture, figure, body image, and good appearance along with increased energy levels. It gives you a sense of accomplishment, which is a boost to confidence.
16. Utilization of Time Through Participation in physical fitness program, leisure (free) time is properly utilized and make you fit and healthy.
17. Improve your overall health.
Physical fitness provides you the optimum physical health, general well being and mental stability. In other words it improves your overall health and you can live your life to the fullest. 18. Healthier, longer Life All together, the benefits of physical fitness give you healthy and more efficient body. Thus it increases your chance of leading a healthier, longer and more fulfilling life. These are some of the more prominent benefits of physical fitness. Everyone can and should participate in a fitness program to improve their quality of life. Living an active and healthy life will make your overall lifestyle much better.
WE WILL WRITE A CUSTOM ESSAY SAMPLE ON
ANY TOPIC SPECIFICALLY
FOR ONLY $13.90/PAGEWrite my sample
Health and fitness is really means a lot to our life. Students including all the growing age children must know the importance of health and fitness. In order to improve their knowledge about health and fitness as well as improve the skill of English writing, teachers assign them to write paragraphs on health and fitness. Students studying in classes 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 get assigned to write paragraph on health and fitness by their class teacher.
We have provided below some health and fitness paragraphs to help students. They can choose any paragraph according to their need and requirement. All the health and fitness paragraphs are written in easy words and simple sentences.
Health and Fitness Paragraphs
Health and Fitness Paragraph 1
Both, health and fitness are closely inter-related to each other. Both are necessary for the human being to live a happy and healthy life. There are various things we have to take care all through the life in order be healthy and fit. There is no alternate to the health and fitness, we have to eat healthy food timely, do physical exercises daily, think positive and have patience and commitment towards good lifestyle. Being involved in physical activities on daily basis does something great to our body and mind. It makes us feel good, helps us to complete tough tasks, makes us pleasant all around and keeps us happy all time because our body releases a chemical called endorphins while we involved in the physical activities. Regular physical activities also reduces stress, improves sleep, boosts energy level, reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression, increases our self-esteem, makes us feel proud, improves confidence level and personality, etc.
Physically exercises are great for our muscles, heart, and lungs. Some more advantages of the physical activities are; it builds our bones strong, saves us from obesity by promoting a healthy weight, saves us from diabetes, helps us to build healthy habits, keeps us away from cancer, prevents high blood pressure, and other major problems. Thus, through regular exercises and healthy food in timely manner, we can easily maintain our health and fitness.
Health and Fitness Paragraph 2
Being healthy means not only away from diseases but it also means the complete feeling of physical, mental and social well being. Maintaining health and fitness is not a simple task however; not so tough too. We need to involve ourselves into some daily physical activities together with the healthy, fresh and timely food which can only provide us long-term health and fitness benefits. We burn extra and unnecessary calories to our body through physical exercises. Daily physical exercises keep kids so active and put them on a path of better physical and mental health.
Physical activities along with the proper nutrition are really very beneficial to the people of all ages from any background and abilities. Being involved in the daily physical exercises is a good strategy to defeat obesity. According to the statistics, it is found that around one-third of the U.S. adult citizens are obese and almost 17% of children and adolescents are obese. There are many people suffering from the diabetes and other chronic health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, asthma, overweight, etc.
We can be fit just by incorporating some physical activities including healthy eating to our daily life for 30 minutes (for adults) and 60 minutes (for children). Regular physical activities help us to get long-term health benefits through:
- Prevention from chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, and stroke)
- Weight control
- Reducing extra fat
- Making muscles healthy and stronger
- Promoting strong bone and joint development
- Enhancing overall strength and endurance
- Improving sleep and keeping away from sleep disorders
- Relieves stress
- Increases chance of living longer
- Increases energy level and self-esteem
- Reduces potential of being depressed
- Promoting health of heart and lungs
People, who are not physically active, become highly prone to the risks like cancer, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, stroke, heart disease, etc.
Health and Fitness Paragraph 3
Around 30 or above 30, our body starts developing various health problems if we are not involved in any type of physical activity. In such case, we are at tip of risks who must think about the health and fitness as well as starts following all the tips of getting healthy and fit. Physical exercises and proper nutrition on daily basis gives us health, physical fitness and mental fitness. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, we must involve in the daily routine exercises and fresh healthy food. Being healthy and fit increases our energy level, improves confidence, burns calories, minimizes complications of chronic diseases and increases life term.
Our health and fitness is related to the many health benefits such as:
- Decreases risk of Type-2 diabetes
- Decreases risk of hypertension and high cholesterol level
- Improves mental health
- Relieves stress
- Improves better quality sleep
- Decreases risk of early death
- Promotes weight loss
- Increases bone density
In order to maintain health and fitness, we must be self motivated and encouraged. We must use all the moves which can motivate us. There is necessity of at least 2.5 hours (moderate-intensity) or 1.25 hours (vigorous-intensity) aerobic physical activities in a week. For getting more health benefits, we need to increase our moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity up to 5 hours or vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity up to 2.5 hours in a week. Physical activity should be the essential part of our life in order to be fit, healthy and young.
Health and Fitness Paragraph 4
We cannot achieve success in our life without health and fitness. It may harm to a big extent if we ignore our physical and mental fitness. In order to get great results in all the areas of our life, we need a healthy and active body as well as a sound mind. There are only few people having both, physical and mental fitness. This is why because only few people know the real advantages of good health and fitness. The person who is more fit has more energy and patience to tackle with problems in life. Health and fitness gives energy which improves confidence level to complete a task. Good health and fitness gives a self-replenishing energy which helps us in achieving the goal with required energy level. Here are some steps we need to adopt to get fit:
- We need lots of eagerness to get started on daily basis.
- There should be preference for action.
- We must have ability to get up early in the morning.
- We must have ability to continue our work after a hard day’s work.
- We must have patience about slow results.
- We must have commitment to our good routine in any condition.
Being involved in the daily routine exercises benefits us in many ways:
- Improves the way of thinking with more vision.
- Increases memory power, attention and concentration level.
- Improves mental clarity and speed of thinking.
- Boosts creativity and energy level.
- Helps in determining the goal which leads towards success.
- Promotes positive thinking which attracts positive people.
- Reduces stress level and promotes better sleep.
- Reduces irritability and increases ability to interact with others.
- Increases opportunities and reduces problems.
- Helps to win challenges in life without giving up.
Health and Fitness Paragraph 5
Physical fitness is really very much important in our life. Now-a-days, in the modern life, most of the people are moving towards more sedentary lifestyle which is increasing the risk of diseases because of reduced daily activity level, bad cardiovascular fitness and increased body weight. People, who are involved in the inactive lifestyle, must know the benefits of health and physical fitness so that they can involve themselves in the daily routine physical exercises in order to remain away from diseases and be fit.
Being active is very necessary for keeping our body functioning at a high level. Regular physical exercises help in maintaining the performance of lungs, heart and other major body organs. It burns off excess calories and keeps our weight under control. It also improves the muscle and bone strength, increases the joint flexibility as well as improves muscle endurance. Most importantly, daily physical activities decrease the risk of heart diseases, risk of stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, colon cancer, etc.
Regular exercise increases the overall happiness in our life which keeps us mentally happy and peaceful too. It relieves the symptoms of depression, stress, anxiety and other mental disorders. We can get something good to our life, if we maintain our health and fitness. There are many activities which can keep us fit and happy for long time such as walking, cycling, swimming, biking, using gym, community center, and other various sports activities.
Health and Fitness Paragraph 6
In the modern time, where pollution, global warming and other environmental issues have covered us, the importance of health and fitness has increased to a great extent. We need to be more physically healthy and fit to win the current environmental challenges. It keeps us away from the diseases, infections and other lethal diseases by reducing extra kilos, improving the strength of muscle and bones, increasing immunity level, and maintaining the healthy functioning of our major body organs. It helps us to look better with lots of patience and confidence level.
Health and fitness of a person means the complete presence of physical, mental and social well being. One can maintain his/her health and fitness in many ways however needs patience, hard work and commitment towards the good lifestyle. Most of the people are much conscious towards their health and fitness however on the other hand, most of the people are involved in the sedentary lifestyle and suffering many diseases and overweight. Maintaining good health is not an easy procedure, it is the result of continuous efforts with full commitment. It takes years to get the desired health and fitness however, once we get, it benefits us a lot.
Through regular exercises including cardio, stretching and weight training, we can maintain our normal weight which saves us from various disorders. It repairs the damaged muscle, strengthens the muscle and bones which gives power to the body. Through physical activities, our major body organs functioning also get regularized. It gives us mental peace and health with improved memory power and concentration level. We just need to give ourselves small hours from our busy schedule on daily basis to get maintained with lots of benefits.