Sample Cover letter for Medical Coding
You can stand a chance for interview if your cover letter is appealing. What exactly should you include in your cover letter? Don’t keep your cover letter and resume similar as cover letter for Medical Coding should describe more of your qualification and experience.
(Write your name and address)
3164 Walnut Street
(Write Employer’s name and address)
63 Walt Nuzum Farm Road
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
It gives me great pleasure in applying for the post of Medical Coding in your company. I am sure that my credentials and interests suits to your needs well.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Designing and development of interfacing software for integration with a variety of third party medical equipment Software for linking to a number of pieces of medical equipment using a variety of different techniques such as XML decoding of binary data formats.
- Prism-NET intranet system An Intranet or Internet based product offering secure viewing of patients appointments case notes or medical imagery.
- Custom components The development of custom bespoke controls such as Calendar or image annotation tools for use in the companies main products.
- Development of clinical reporting tools Crystal Reports
- Additionally I was involved in the development of systems that were used internally to support the day to day running of the organisation.
- Deployment and customization of the internal support systems Microsoft CRM and SugarCRM Microsoft Project Server Microsoft SharePoint.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
Success and hard work go hand in hand. I can ensure my complete hard work and owe my knowledge for the prosperity of the company. Thank you for lending your valuable time and reading my cover letter.
Filed Under: Cover Letter
Las Vegas, Nevada 89108
Dear Hiring Professional:
I am in search of a medical coding position and I believe that my experience and education will make me a competitive candidate for the position.
I am actively using 3M software to ascertain and log codes into the Healthland Management Database. Coding techniques include inpatient, emergency room, surgery and long-term-care using 3M encoder software and ICD-9/CPT 2010 coding books. My externship includes over 300 hours of training with seasoned coders that have a combined 33 years of experience.
Throughout my career, I have been assigned increasing responsibilities because of my dedication and commitment to professionalism. All concerns are immediately addressed with a high degree of confidentiality in a fast paced, and sometimes challenging, work environment.
I am eager to bring new energy, a positive attitude and fresh perspective to a medical coding position. If my qualifications meet the requirements you are looking for, I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you. Please feel free to contact me at the above email address or reply to this post.
Thank you for your attention and consideration.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89108
To contribute administrative skills and educational preparation as a Medical Coder
- Graduate AAPC, Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A), April 2010
- Ability to code diagnosis and procedures using 3M, ICD-9-CM and CPT 2010
- Experience with inpatient, emergency room, surgery and long-term-care
- Sound knowledge of Healthland Management and Terminal Digit Filing System
- Equally comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in group efforts
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills, utilized to support findings and query doctors
- Continue my education to maintain knowledge of proper coding guidelines
- Perform procedure diagnosis coding for outpatient and hospital facilities as an Extern
- Code medical claims for Primary Care, Mental Health, Pharmacy, Optometry and Dentistry
- Process 30-40 claims daily while maintaining accuracy and achieving productivity goals
- Provide medical records support including chart assembly, scanning and release of information
- Proficient with Microsoft software including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven ability to master new technology
Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A), April 2010
B.A. Management, Minor Mathematics
May 1995, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California
Extern, June 2010-Present, Boulder City Hospital, Boulder City, Nevada
Extern, May-June 2010, Las Vegas Paiute Health & Human Services, Las Vegas, Nevada
Substitute Teacher, 9/09-Present, Clark County School District, Las Vegas, Nevada
New Home Sales Agent, 2/04-8/09, Beazer Homes, Las Vegas, Nevada
General Real Estate Sales, 9/02-2/04, Liberty Realty, Las Vegas, Nevada
Assistant Production Manager, 6/95-3/01, Warner Bros. Television Animation, Sherman Oaks, California