Breakdown Cover France Comparison Essay

To find the best European breakdown cover policy you need to think about:

  • Whether you want a standalone policy or to add it to existing cover

  • What type of policy you need

  • What the policy will cover

Once you know what cover you need for your European trip, use this comparison to find as many quotes as possible to find the right policy at the best price.

Should you get a standalone policy?

You can get European breakdown insurance by:

  • Adding it your policy if you already have standard breakdown cover

  • Buying a standalone policy for your trip; this comparison shows providers that offer standalone European cover

Whichever way you get European breakdown cover, you need to make sure it gives you the cover you need.

What type of policy do you need?

There are two types of European breakdown cover you can choose from:

  • Single trip policy: This covers one short trip or holiday abroad, usually for between 1 and 31 days

  • Annual or multi trip policy: This covers you whenever you drive in Europe during the course of a year

If you are only going away once, a single trip policy will be the cheapest option. If you are likely to drive in Europe more often, think about getting an annual policy.

What is covered?

European breakdown protection offers the same cover as a standard UK policy, including roadside assistance and vehicle recovery. Here is what a breakdown policy covers.

You will be able to call a 24 hour UK helpline in the event of a breakdown, and they will send out a local patrol car to your location to help you.

You can also get extra protection with a European breakdown policy, including:

  • Cover before departure

  • Vehicle and passenger repatriation

  • Customs duty indemnity

Work out what you need your policy to cover and only compare policies that give you the protection you want. Find out more about what a European breakdown policy covers here.

European breakdown cover FAQs

Can I get cover for a single trip?

Yes, you can get a policy that covers one trip to Europe, or you can buy a policy that will cover you for any trips you take in a year.

Will I need to speak the local language to get help?

No, because you will be able to call a UK based helpline who will take your information and arrange an engineer to come and help you.

What happens if I have to return home before my car is fixed?

Most policies cover the cost of returning your car to the UK. Some also give you a hire car while you wait for your car to arrive back.

Will I be covered before I go abroad?

Yes, most policies offer cover before your departure. This means you can use your breakdown policy for up to seven days before you leave the UK.

About our breakdown cover comparison

Who do we include in this comparison?

We include European breakdown cover policies available from our panel of insurers and brokers. Here is more information about how our website works.

How do we make money from our comparison?

We have commercial agreements with some of the companies in this comparison and get paid commission if we help you take out one of their products or services. Find out more here.

You do not pay any extra and the deal you get is not affected.

European Breakdown Cover

European Breakdown cover is a ‘must have’ for any motoring trip to Europe.

Vehicle breakdowns can be very stressful at the best of times, but a breakdown or accident abroad can be a nightmare. You’re likely to be fully loaded, perhaps with young children and maybe don’t speak the language. Then there’s the cost!

When you buy our great value European Breakdown Cover for Single Trip European Cover, you can travel knowing you’re protected by first class cover, and if you need it, 24/7 support from our experienced staff, with all the skills and resources to save your holiday with the minimum of hassle.

Discover more about our European Breakdown Cover below.

buy online now

Buy at any time right up to the time of departure

1 - 2£12.45
4 - 7£23.00
8 - 12£27.65
13 - 18£33.25
19 - 24£39.45
25 - 31£45.95
Caravan or trailer £22.00 (extra)
Vehicles under 11 years old

buy online now

What is covered

One of the most comprehensive European breakdown policies on the market for cars & motorcycles under 11 years old.

Looking for annual European breakdown cover?

Our 401 UK policy covers you for Europe as well and costs £99.00

(up to 31 days per trip and 90 days per annum in total).

"My Son, a newly qualified driver broke down away from home. The serrvice was excellent, I say again excellent. The driv..."
Allan Dollie

  • Eligibility: UK registered cars & m/cycles (private, company, hired, leased) under 11 years old (sorry no vans).
  • Return journeys only. Buy any time before leaving your UK home address.
  • Documents delivered to your inbox, or postal option.
  • Vehicles up to: 5.1m L, 1.95m H & 2.1m W. (temporary additions eg, roof boxes don't count) 3,500 kg GVW
  • All prices include tax
Categories: 1

0 Replies to “Breakdown Cover France Comparison Essay”

Leave a comment

L'indirizzo email non verrà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *