Dear Ms. Samuels,
I am writing to apply for the Patient Access Representative position with New Parkland General Hospital. I am a healthcare professional with an Associate’s degree in nursing and five years of hospital experience. In my current role of Patient Access Representative at Mercy Hospital I assist patients with intake and admissions procedures transfer orders and discharge protocol.
I am very personable with a friendly disposition putting patients at ease. My organizational skills are excellent and I am comfortable utilizing computers and technology. I have a firm understanding of the workings of a hospital and of insurance procedures. I have been complimented by colleagues and patients for my ability to resolve complex insurance matters. It would be my pleasure to bring my skills knowledge and dedication to customer service to New Parkland General Hospital.
I am quite confident that you will find my credentials and references to be in order. I would love the opportunity to further discussion my qualifications with you and welcome you to contact me at your earliest convenience by phone or email to schedule an interview. I look forward to speaking with you soon and appreciate your consideration.
Intake Specialist Resume Samples
Intake Specialists are the first contact between patients and health care institutions. They work at the reception area, where they greet visitors, answer or refer inquiries, handle phone calls and mail, and keep the premises clean and organized. The strongest resume samples demonstrate skills such as communication abilities, multitasking, a friendly and professional attitude, and basic IT skills. Intake Specialists often highlight a medical education background in their resumes, such as nursing licenses. Some candidates may have social worker qualification.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Intake Specialist Jobs page.
Facilitate placement of new patients from other facilities, including scheduling admissions or lobby evaluations for our detoxification program.
- Dispatch Crisis Team Clinicians to other facilities to complete evaluations.
- Answer the 24hr Crisis phone line and screen patients for admittance into the hospital or possible evaluation.
- Evaluated potential substance abuse clients as part of the screening process utilizing a bio-psycho-social assessment to determine each client's need for treatment.
- Conducted initial screenings for potential dually diagnosed clients to determine each client's need for treatment and level of care.
- Coordinated with insurance/case management offices for approval of care reimbursements for clients.
- Maintained relationships and communicated with referral sources, including probation officers, regarding prospective client to ascertain treatment history/goals.
Answered main telephone line, providing general program information and transferring callers to appropriate staff members.
- Conducted intake interviews to determine eligibility for program enrollment of veterans and dislocated workers.
- Registered clients for appropriate workshops and/or staff appointments.
- Designed tracking systems to collect and review data to monitor performance results and deadlines.
- Established and maintained case files, resulting in successful audit compliances.
Answered and screened all inquiry phone calls and followed up with inquiries to schedule appointments
- Collected payments and managed accurate financial records for agency and clients
- Processed all pertinent paperwork on new clients in a timely manner and in accordance to protocol
- Obtained all necessary clinical information to tailor client's profile according to their needs
- Conducted interviews and needs assessments to determine all needs of clients
- Reviewed court dispositions and probation stipulations to identify appropriate program for clients
- Communicated with client's case manager, probation officer, or judge to ensure program compliance
Mental Health Intake Specialist
Conducted clinical intake interview with potential clients to determine eligibility for [company name] services using DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria
- Provided counseling and skills training for clients served
- Assessed need for crisis intervention
- Provided appropriate community referrals
- Determined appropriate service package for clients eligible for services
- Worked with QMHP to assess individuals in the community experiencing acute psychiatric crises (suicidal ideation and attempts, substance abuse, extreme functional impairment)
- Conducted clinical interviews with clients in order to determine least restrictive intervention based on criteria including acute and chronic risk factors, protective factors, and available resources
Entered new referrals into database
- Verified patient eligibility/insurance and resolved any issues
- Reviewed medical records to identify diagnoses/procedures
- Organized and prioritized all work to ensure that delivery of medications/supplies and nursing visits were on schedule
- Contacted patients to discuss their insurance coverage and copayments
- Maintained strictest confidentiality; adhered to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Provided stellar customer service
Social Service Intake Specialist
FIrst point of contact for callers seeking organization's services
- Pioneered the role of intake specialist and developed effective assessment procedure for determining client eligibility of services
- Provided crisis intervention and referrals as needed
- Evaluated appropriateness of offering financial grants to clients within program guidelines
- Created statistical and demographic reports on clients who completed intake process
- Held responsibility for documentation, files, and database entry
Assessed family and individual needs at client homes
- Enrolled over 700 individuals into various counseling programs
- Managed crisis situations, completed risk assessment and take appropriate action
- Completed admission and [company name] information into electronic medical record
- Enrolled and assigned a therapist, case manager, or parent aide staff for services
- Oriented clients into program
- Collaborated with program managers, therapists, case managers, and parent aide staff
Responsible for administrative functions such as filing, data entry, and visitor relations
- Managed phone lines and answer calls regarding the intake of patients for outpatient services
- Placed patients without health or dental insurance on a sliding fee scale, in compliance with FQHC regulations
- Processed denials for the billing department in the Nextgen database
- Scheduled dental and medical appointments for new patients and existing patients
- Referred patients for specialties to other doctor's offices where services are provided
- Verified patient's responsibility, such as co-payments and deductibles through their insurance
Answer and return high-volume inbound calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Handle new client inquires and assign them to the proper counseling agency.
- Maintain and prepare quarterly case load spreadsheets and track reports.
- Negotiate with mortgage lenders to find solutions for borrowers.
- Multitask several projects at one time while meeting deadlines.
- Provides support to other staff as necessary.
- Improved multiple filing systems and maintained organization
Greeted customers and determined whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Conferred with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services.
- Lead daily orientation sessions.
- Maintained accurate trending reports on the number of returning and new customers to the facility.
- Performed general office duties, such as ordering supplies, open sort and distribute incoming mail.
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.