Bora Bora - Welcome to Dream Island
The author James Michener called Bora Bora the most beautiful island in the world. It's a travel-writing law to mention this is the first paragraph of any article that attempts to use common words to describe this French Polynesian paradise. And now that it's out of the way, we can start. Bora Bora is the most beautiful island in the world (had to repeat, it's true). It's so unbelievably beguiling, and so often used in pictorials as the epitome of exotic islands, that some question its existence. But rest assured, this volcanic island with a palm-fringed coral reef that forms a lagoon of water so crystal clear that the Caribbean looks murky by comparison is very real and very attainable to world travelers and island lovers.
Whichever category you fall into, you'll fall in love the moment you arrive in Bora Bora. You'll love Mount Otemanu, the claw-shaped mountain that seems to wave to you at whichever hammock you're resting in. You'll love the warmth from the sun, the trade winds and the locals. You'll love the lagoon that looks more like an artist's palette filled with shades of water, azure, turquoise, teal, so vibrant you'll forget other colors exist. And you'll love your travel agent for helping you set up such a wondrous vacation.
Travel agents know that Bora Bora is not for everyone, especially those of the easily- antsy persuasion. For this is the type of destination where relaxing is the law and where some never wander further than 50 meters from their resort. If you need the time to read War and Peace and crave fresh seafood, coconut milk and long naps under the sun, then this is your nirvana.
Don't get the wrong idea, there's plenty to do on and around this aquatic playground of an island. Stay in a bungalow over the water, and all you have to do is take the spiral staircase from your private terrace to swim in the lagoon or snorkel through coral gardens. Wade through the warm waters to your resort, and your options expand to kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing and even a ride in a traditional Polynesian dugout canoe.
Hop on a motorized outrigger canoe to explore further out into Bora Bora's legendary lagoon. At some spots, guides will call the sharks and stingrays closer for you to carefully hand feed. For a safer view, visit the Bora Bora Lagoonarium to swim with manta rays while the sharks stay on the other side of the fence. Safer still, take to the air in a helicopter, where you can still see the sharks languorously swim in the clear waters below as you fly over reefs, valleys and waterfalls.
To tour the island from a more stable transport, rent a bicycle. The road that encircles the island is only 19 miles long, so you can rent a bike, pack a picnic and explore at your own pace through coconut plantations and past old temples. Be sure to ride counterclockwise, for that will put the wind at your back as you visit Povai Bay for the best views on the island of both Mounts Otemanu and Pahia. Whenever you need a break, stop at a roadside stand and watch the machete-wielding proprietor chop off the top of a coconut for you to drink.
One essential item you cannot forget during any tour of Bora Bora is your camera. Every inch of the stunning landscape creates a movable feast that makes amateur photogs giddy with excitement. The opportunities are visually endless, as the lemon-yellow hibiscus flowers, green-carpeted mountains and shimmering blue waters seem to pose for you. Even when you're snorkeling, the tropical fish, their vivid colors dazzling in the clear waters, seemingly slow down just long enough for your underwater camera to focus and take the shot of your life.
There are several ways to watch those fish in Bora Bora, but the best may be from the comfort of your bungalow. Many of the huts-on-stilts have a glass floor through which you can watch the fish play and waves flow by without lifting a muscle, providing yet another novel way to relax and enjoy the island.
Relax and enjoy planning a trip to this island by turning to a professional. Travel agents are experienced island hoppers who know the details and the deals in the South Pacific. They know that Bora Bora is more water than land, and which of the island's 16 resorts best takes advantage of these awe-inspiring surroundings while providing you with the services you desire most.
Indulge your travel dreams in Bora Bora! Contact a travel agent today and soon you'll be gazing out over the world's most beautiful lagoon from your private verandah.
A reaction or so-called response paper is a type of research paper which includes reading and analyzing of the text or any other piece of information or media content, then writing all your thoughts and feelings about it. Generally, it is a reaction to a text, but also it can be a response to a controversial question, comprising of two related texts, an interview of a famous entrepreneur or just your impressions of a movie.The one should not forget to provide reliable data and appropriate references to justify their arguments and ideas.The following tips can help with essay.
How to Write a Good Reaction Paper
- The first step includes extensive reading and critical thinking. Analyze everything you read in order to support your ideas in writing. Try to look on things from another perspective and think out of the box.
- It is important to provide justification to your statements as you are to not just summarize the text, but write your own thoughts on the author’s message.
- Collect all the information, question it and start making evaluative judgments. For instance, you can write out the quotation that may be useful for you.
The topic of your work
- Stick to the orders that your teacher has given you.
- You can be required to provide your thought on almost any perspective of the text. For instance, the instructor can ask you to evaluate or analyze the text, compare characters of the story, give your opinion on different events and decisions of the characters or unveil an idea of the text.
- Do not be afraid to ask question about the task if you do not understand what the instructor wants to see in the paper.
- The first time you read you only get acquainted with the plot, main characters and the setting of the novel. And only then, after subsequent reading you start thinking about the task and form your own opinion about the text.
- Consequently, it is important to read over and over again provided piece of information in order to have time to think about it and consider ideas. The more times you reread the text, more new information and justification you will find useful for your work.
Writing down your ideas
- After a chain of subsequent reading, list down your feelings and thoughts about it, form key points of your assignment using such phrases as I believe…, I thought…, In my opinion…, I suppose… don’t forget to utilize transitions in your essay!
- At the first stage, you can simply comment on various quotations you have written out during reading.
- Ask yourself question about the text you are analyzing: What is the author message? How does the author convey their thematic message? What problems does the author try to draw the reader’s attention to? What does the author tell us about the maim characters? What ways do they use to show weak and strong sides of the main heroes?
Developing your thesis/Ñlaim
- Thesis is used to demonstrate the importance of your ideas.
- Make the thesis and be brief, so anyone who reads your work will be able to understand the content and the problem of your research.
- Do not forget that your thesis reflects what you are going to analyze and evaluate thus be sure that you have enough evidence and justification to support your argument.
Determining the scope and the structure of your paper
- Reaction paper has the same basic format as any other type of work: introduction paragraph, several body paragraphs and conclusion paragraph.
- Reread your notes with evaluations and comments on the author’s thematic message and choose ideas which you like the most. Gather them into topics which you will turn into the paragraphs.
- Every paragraph starts with a reaction or a quotation. Comment on the author’s ideas, contrast them with your own ideas, and then provide evidence to justify your arguments.
Write the main parts of the paper.
- Introduction includes the name of the text, the author’s name and the thesis. Make sure that you have all these statements in your first paragraph.
- In the body paragraphs state your opinion, discuss the key points of your research, and provide evaluative judgments of the text. Include your own opinion to justify the thesis of the paper.
- Conclusion is a way to sum up your ideas and your last chance to make a good impression. Consequently, it is important to return to the thesis in the introduction (do not paraphrase it, try to come up with the solution) or provide a question for further thinking.
- As a final step, you should proofread your work in order to correct all grammatical and spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. Remove any unnecessary words.
- Make sure that your paper includes cohesive reaction and is written due to the teacher’s instructions.
- Find a person that will become your essay rater or essay editor to provide a double check before the submission.
How to Write Essay about Traveling
Developing the topic of your essay
- This basic step is the most important as it directs your further research. First of all, you should gather all the facts you know about traveling and analyze your own experience.
- Essay about traveling can be practically about anything: rules that should be remembered during the trip, the unforgettable experience, your own ideas and dreams, the ways of traveling and so on.
- Make sure that you can support the chosen essay topic with the facts from your life and reliable statistical data, otherwise it may affect your grade and the general power of your ideas.
Structure your essay
Divide your paper into the following parts:
- Introduction should include a thesis statement that reflects the main idea of your essay. For instance, if you choose to write about hitchhiking, you can use the following thesis, “Although hitchhiking is considered to be the cheapest and the most popular way of traveling among the young people, the one should remember that the danger of hitchhiking has recently increased”.
- Unveil your strongest ideas in the body paragraphs and support it with evidence. Try to find the solution to the problem of your essay and provide your own opinion about it.
- As the last part of your essay, the conclusion should include your final statement and the question for further discussion.
- Develop captivating title to draw reader’s attention. Your title should persuade people to read your work till the end. Use no more than 8 words in your title.
- Do not forget to proofread your paper and check it on spelling and grammatical errors. Avoid punctuation mistakes and repetitive words.
- Analyze your language. Do not use contractions or low-flown vocabulary.
- Make sure that your paragraphs unveil the main idea of the essay stated in the thesis.
Travel Essay Sample
The Benefits of Traveling
Traveling is one of the most popular activities and is a great way to spend free time or vacation. In addition, it helps to clear mind after the months of hard work and opens a new view on things. So, is it just a way to relax or something more? Can people benefit from traveling?
All around the world people gather together and travel to other countries in order to learn something new and have a nice rest. However, during the trip a brave adventurer can face various obstacles and is supposed to deal with them, find the solution. That is how people gain priceless experience which they cannot learn from books. Travelers can see themselves from the other sides and learn how to cope with difficult unexpected situations. For instance, looking for a railroad station without a map or any knowledge of language can be very demanding task for the tourist and requires special abilities. Moreover, it is a great chance to meet new people and develop your communicative skills.
As a matter of fact, traveling can change the worldview of a person and the regular way of thinking. People get up from a couch, step out of comfort zone and pack their stuff in order to explore other countries and new cultures. Naturally, it can be hugely stressful to a person, nevertheless, it is a great opportunity to change life for good. While traveling, it is important to visit national museums and galleries as it will help to understand the mentality of the country and start seeing things from another perspective. Cultural exchange is an essential part of traveling that helps to develop personality and create new unforgettable memories.
To sum up, traveling is not just an entertainment or a way to relax, but a great chance to open your world to the new possibilities and gain immeasurable experience.
Best Travel Essay Topics List for 2017
If you consider travel essay writing, these topics will be useful for you:
- Pros and cons of couchsurfing: meet and stay with locals from every part of the world.
- What does traveling influence person?
- If you were going to stay on an island and could take a few items with you, what would it be and why?
- What was the best traveling experience for you and why?
- What are the rules you should remember about when you are going on a trip?
- If you could travel back in time which century would you choose and which places of interest would you visit and why?
- Describe the worst vacation you have ever had. What actions would you take to prevent this from happening again?
- If you had a chance to travel anywhere you want, which place would you choose and why?
- The importance of traveling with your friends.
- The benefits of traveling alone.
- Describe the time when you traveled alone. What obstacles did you face? Did you learn something new about yourself?
- Tips for safe hitchhiking.
- My first experience of hitchhiking.
- What you should know about hitchhiking in my country.
- Have you ever considered working as a guide? Which city would you choose to work?
- Name advantages and disadvantages of the profession of a guide.
- Which way of traveling do you consider the most comfortable and why?
- The benefits of traveling by car.
- Name pros and cons of traveling by air.
- The advantages and disadvantages of traveling by sea.
- My first trip by train. The benefits of traveling by train.
- Write tips for a person who wants to visit your hometown.
- Compare reading books and traveling. Which way is more reliable to learn about the world?
- What can you learn about different cuisines while traveling?
- Have you ever dreamt about space travel? What would it be like?